Thursday, February 26, 2009

Heroin Addict Heroes on my iPod

Over the last couple of months, my iPod album playlist has kind of evolved with my recent rekindling of acoustic tonal love. The downside of only having 8GB to work with on my 2Gen nano is that I can't house the entire coffee-house spectrum of music I want to listen to without putting a sizable dent in my rock repertoire.

I can't help but express another one of my complains: The music arena this decade sucks total shit and I don't see it getting any better any time soon. I grew up on way late 70's, 80's, and early to mid 90's pop/rock/metal side of the tracks; when bands had their own image and weren't cookie cut out to fill a marketing gap and hellbent on polluting the airwaves with more scr(emo) and shitty power chord thrashing.

So, perhaps my album highlight is overpowered by the fact that every one of the lead singers in these bands have died of heroin abuse.

Here's the top three this week:

1) Mother Love Bone - Apple

2) Blind Melon - Blind Melon

3) Alice in Chains - Sap

...these bands need no explanation. They just a very small example of what was good in the music industry when I was growing up.

No comments: